HMS Celebrates a Year of Achievements in 2022
- December 21, 2022
- 0 Likes
- 298 Views
- 0 Comments
As 2022 comes to a close, Healthcare Management Solutions, LLC (HMS) takes a look back at this year of progress and achievements.
HMS Celebrated Our 20th Anniversary by Giving Back
In honor of HMS turning 20 this year, we donated a total of $20,000 — $1,000 each — to 20 amazing charitable organizations that likewise help vulnerable populations who are in need. Thanks to these nonprofits, seniors, veterans, at-risk women and families, plus youth and adults facing homelessness and mental-health challenges — and even defenseless animals — have access to vital support and assistance. Read more.
HMS 2022 Contract Wins: Selected Highlights
- New Mexico: The New Mexico Department of Health (NMDOH) awarded HMS a contract to conduct recertification and COVID-19 infection-control surveys for ESRD, hospice, ambulatory surgery centers and home health facilities. Read more.
- Washington: The Washington State Department of Social and Health Services (DSHG) awarded HMS a contract to conduct nursing home recertification surveys and surveyor training. Read more.
- Georgia: HMS continued its contract with the Georgia Department of Community Health (DCH). The contract provides survey support and technical assistance to help ensure the safety and quality of services rendered to long-term care facility residents and staff. Read more.
- STS: The Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS) again selected HMS to conduct the annual external audit of the STS Adult Cardiac Surgery, Intermacs, and now Pedimacs Databases, which are components of the STS National Database. The goal of the audit is to ensure the integrity of the databases for stakeholders who rely on it for reimbursement, quality improvement, public reporting, research, development of public policy, and other purposes. Read more.
- Iowa: The Iowa Department of Inspections and Appeals (DIA) awarded HMS a contract to support its work by providing qualified surveyors to conduct long-term care (nursing home) recertification surveys including complaint investigations. Read more.
- Minnesota: The Minnesota Department of Health awarded HMS a contract to conduct long-term care recertification surveys, review emergency preparedness tags, and conduct complaint investigations. The survey aims to develop additional tools to help keep long-term care residents safe. Read more.
- Missouri: The Missouri Department of Health & Senior Services awarded HMS a contract to support its work by providing qualified surveyors to conduct long-term care facility recertification and complaint surveys. Read more.
HMS Formed an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
HMS became a 100% employee-owned firm, through its establishment of an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP). The formation of an ESOP rewards employee involvement, enthusiasm, and productivity, since an ESOP company’s profits accrue to the employees.
“Our decision to become an ESOP-owned company is a real benefit and opportunity for eligible employees and for this company, since everyone here now has an ownership stake in our collective future and growth as a business,” said HMS President Leah Heimbach. Read more.
HMS Reclassified as a Small Business
The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) reclassified HMS as a small business. The change occurred when the SBA modified its revenue-based small business size standards in 16 North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) sectors. One of those NAICS sectors happened to be the one that includes HMS’ primary NAICS code 541611. The SBA’s change helps HMS customers and partners reach their small business contracting and subcontracting goals, and helps HMS compete against large businesses. Read more.
As rewarding as this year has been, HMS is eager to continue serving state and federal agencies, pursue new opportunities to expand and deepen our value, and advance our work to protect vulnerable populations in 2023.