Healthcare Management Solutions, LLC (HMS) welcomes Ann Kenny, MPH, BSN, RN, as our Chief Growth Officer. She will focus on business development primarily at CMS but also in other federal agencies. Kenny will help bridge the gap between HMS’ various departments and capabilities, supporting efforts to stay ahead of changing times and advance its long-term objectives.
With over 30 years of management experience in the healthcare field and extensive business development, capture and operations expertise for major and strategic procurements, Kenny’s background is impressive. Most recently she served as Director of Business Development and Senior Account Executive for Government-Wide Acquisition Contracts at IntelliDyne, where she managed business development, customer and partner relationships and led and supported proposals. Previously, she held positions as:
- Vice President of Federal Health at KEPRO
- Chief Operating Officer at CRW and Associates, LLC
- Vice President of Federal Health Solutions and Executive Director of Federal Health at Telligen
- Senior Director at National Government Services
- Chief Nursing Officer at Hewlett Packard
- Director of Strategic Capture at Vangent (General Dynamics IT)
- Senior Principal and Director of Operations at SRA International, Inc.
- Assistant Vice President of the Health Solutions Business Unit at Science Applications International Corporation
- Principal Research Scientist and Director at American Institutes for Research
Kenny has led business development efforts and executed programs supporting federal and state governments, including Occupational Health Services, Division of Immigration Health Services, National Cancer Institute, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute (NHLBI), Maryland Medicaid Utilization Management, MEDCOM Medical Coding contract, and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Kenny’s highly diverse background also includes 21 years as a military officer with assignments in key positions, including Director of Strategic Planning, Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense, Health Affairs; Executive Officer, U.S. Army Public Health Command; and as faculty at the Military Medical Department Center and School.
In addition, Kenny is a registered nurse in the state of Virginia. Her nursing experience gives her inside knowledge on how healthcare workers on the frontlines operate and communicate. Kenny’s background in nursing, coupled with her honorable service and veteran status, allow her to bring an important perspective to HMS’ leadership team.
“We are very excited to welcome Ann to our HMS team,” said HMS President and CEO Leah Heimbach. “With a wealth of experience from a number of government healthcare organizations, she is going to be an incredible asset to our team as we continue our mission to protect vulnerable populations and veterans.”